“How do I use my facial care products?” is one of the most common questions I get asked.
Knowing the answer will help you get the most out of your skincare investment and bring out your natural beauty.
BEAUTY TIP: Day and night routines can differ but, in general, face skincare products are applied in the order of their viscosity.
Today we’ll review a skin treatment regime for someone with aging, dry skin:
- Cleanse: Use a small amount as professional products are concentrated.
Nighttime option: A creamy, emulsifying cleanser to help take off makeup.
- Tone – Your “Second Cleanse”: This removes residues left over from the cleanser and helps prep the skin for your serum.
- Treat – Serum: The most powerful part of your regimen! Concentrated, active ingredients that are made to correct and treat a variety of skin conditions.
Nighttime option: Any serums containing Retinol or Alpha Hydroxy Acids.
- Treat (Optional) Eye Cream: Pat around the orbital bone, never tugging or rubbing. The tissue here is extremely delicate so treat with care.
- Nourish: This is where you are sealing in and conditioning your beautiful face with a high quality moisturizer. Look for ingredients like Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramides. Smooth the product evenly around your face and down your neck and all the way across your chest. If you must combine this with a sunscreen, be sure it’s at least a 30 and, if you are in direct sun, reapply.
Nighttime option: Use a cream with a richer texture, no sunscreen.
- Protect – Sunscreen: I prefer a physical “block” rather than a chemical “screen.” Make sure to apply a generous amount. Get the tops of your ears and back of your neck, too!
- Exfoliation and Masks: Exfoliate 3 times a week to help your skin turn over faster and remove dead, dull skin. A mask suited to your skin type would be perfect to do after this step. After rinsing, proceed with steps 2-5.
*Consult your Skin Care Professional for the best products for your skin type and conditions.
We sell exclusive lines of carefully selected facial creams and skincare products at Mendocino Beauty. I am available for phone or email consultation if you have any questions!
email@example.com or 707-937-9977